Monday, January 12, 2009

Scratch Junkies

I really enjoyed the short film by the scratch junkies.  After having Shannon as a fabulous professor (can't wait for that baby), I know that film must have taken a long time to finish.  The scratching was really impressive around the central figure in the frame.  I honestly didn't enjoy the music very much which took me out of it.  After a while I was just focusing on the scratching and then got a small kick when the music and picture matched up.  This truly was an experimental picture not just a narrative with atmospheric moments.  I really enjoyed the designs but I became a little bored.  I started looking for patterns and then began to slip.  My ADD kicked in after 3 minutes and I wasn't paying as close attention to anything anymore.  After it was over I was impressed but became side tracked in the process of viewing.  I look forward to making my own short projects with cutting up film and making designs.  I really like the reaction from the audience.  It was neat hearing people react, some people really enjoyed it and other did not and they weren't shy about it either.  Overall I enjoyed it but wouldn't want to watch it again.  O and please tell Shannon thank you thank you for getting me into Terrence Malick films.  Every time I feel like I finally found a movie for me and instead of rushing out and telling everyone I keep them to myself haha they are great.  Anyways I guess this is my first entry.

Sundance Kid

No comments:

Post a Comment