Thursday, March 19, 2009

48 hour ideas

This is probably going to be the most difficult blog topic yet because writing 600 words is difficult in the first place, I mean we are only in college Andre.  The 48 hour race to produce a respectable 1 minute film seems like a great idea right now but I am sure that when it is a race and I am scrambling to find ideas and props and people to be in the film...I will be completely fine because that is how I do all my projects.  That was a joke I am always prepared you can tell by the quality of my work.  That might also be joke.  I saw a bunch of cool ideas from last years class and really enjoyed the stop-motion films.  I was pretty impressed with the creativity of people like nate rudolf and Dustin Klein.  I think Dustin used the camera on his apple laptop, which I might steal from him depending on the prop.  I usually like what Dustin does but his technical competence is far and away better than my own.  My computer does a similar camera but it is not a laptop and I would be limited to film in areas that have outlets.  I am really tired of seeing films shot in the seahawk village apartments.  I live in one of the fine quality pill boxes.  I just shot a film last year with Tyler and Taylor and the apartment looks like every single one you will fine in every other student film.  Time is actually something that seperates the quality of the projects and I worry my sound will suffer for it.  Nate Rudolf used a digital camera, I think he shot it in black and white, which I am almost always a fan of.  Nate had taken around 200 pictures and the movement was smooth and beautiful.  I think a digital camera would take a while to do but is probably the direction I would like to go in.  I would like to make my life like a Billy Joel song.  What?  I would like to make a piece about the lack of Air Wick air freshers in my roommates rooms.  I have two and it is not because I am a ladies man and they would not come in my room if it smelled bad alright because they would come in no matter what it smelled like and some of the smells we make are not always pleasant.  They are five dollars at any local conglomerate supermarket.  They plug right into the wall and you can buy refills so it is not a big deal to change them or a wear on your wallet.  I could do a remake of Forest Gump where everyone else is slow and Forest finally understands how difficult he is to deal with day in and day out.  I could also do a reenactment of the many civil war battles with my camera phone and have a truce between the south and the north and an Indian comes out of the wood work to offer the mystery prop as incentive to let them keep some of their land.  Then both sides come together to hate the Indian.  When you think about it, Dances with Wolves really did not tell the Indians story well enough where people stop taking advantage of them.  I mean they got here first and we just took it.  They were nice to us and then we took it.  They helped us survive and then we took it, we took it all.  So yeah I think that is it.  I will use a digital camera or camera phone and shoot a one minute film where the north and south finally agree on something...the brutual useless awful killings of an innocent people.

No comments:

Post a Comment