Sunday, April 19, 2009

48 hour race

Wow, well what can I say that hasn't already been said?  The 48 hour film race was intense as shit and I am so glad that it is over.  Not true in fact because I loved it and found that the time constraints weren't too bad.  I thought that there was some really great ones in the mix.  I really enjoyed the atmospheric nature of Emily Sheetz work and how Landon and Jos both used the same song.  It is difficult to make a one minute without laying a song behind it.  I was excited to see all of my friends and I only know the people in 6 x 1, joke that isn't far from the truth.  This project was great because it made sure that I would see everyone in the class at the lab.  I was really annoyed that we had to view the projects after the Cheese Sandwich Film Festival but once we started I realized that I was a sour puss and that the atmosphere was perfect.  The darkness, alcohol was flowing, condoms were in the back if you needed them.  The stage was set is all i'm trying to say.  I used Taylor's digital camera as my source of image capturing and it was easy as pie.  I called Tyler Nisbet to come in and hold the camera for me.  I had a whole scene set up with my roommate who is also named Tyler but he chicken out.  He has two blonde wigs and I wanted to make us gay roommates that loves cheese sandwiches.  It would start with me working out and trying my best to be really masculine.  That isn't always easy.  Tyler  would be very fragile and tender to the naked eye, but he is devilish I assure you.  He would suggest a moonlight picnic and make us cheese sandwiches.  I would then masturbate into his sandwich that he made with wheat bread so some reason that I am unaware.  This way it would distinguish his sandwich from mine own.  We would go out by the pond behind my apartment and I would look up at the stars as he would bite into the sandwich.  He tastes something funny and opens it and states, " My god, it's full of stars."  I would still be looking at the sky and kind of take it as is thinking that he is just pointing out the obvious.  So later that night the camera would enter his room and we would be having intercourse.  I would be wearing the blond wig.  The darkness would only show our silhouettes and the audience would think that the wig wearer would be the more feminine Tyler.  The next shot would be on feet.  Underwear would drop to the feet showing that someone was on the toilet.  That person would stand up and look into the toilet seeing semen submerged.  This character would be the masculine me.  I would then say OOOOO.  Now I understand what Tyler was talking about and I am the fool.  But he didn't want to do it so I went on to make a less offensive film.  The clean up from the film I made was quite a task.  I had to scrap Ranch dressing off the bathroom walls, what I missed ate through the paint.  There was sour milk along the toilet and egg shells sat in our tub for at least a week.  My roommates hardly noticed.  I was all out of rice puddle for which I used it as a match on action from licking my knuckles clean of fake seamen (believe what you want to believe) and was bummed because they are kind of expensive and should last longer but once you pop.   Am I right? Trust me, I'm right.

No comments:

Post a Comment