Sunday, April 19, 2009

6 x 1 part dos

If I could be part of 6 x 1 part 2 I would be so lucky and I would bring lucky charms to every class, I will start by saying that first off.  I would love to see a lot more film work from the department and I know how both the Silva's are fighting for celluloid.  Film is not dead.  I would love to incorporate scratching, toning, and animation into one project like make them correlate and then watch them on a screen with three projectors.  I would like to see more film camera work.  The long take day was my favorite day because you gave us so much freedom as long as we return with the footage.  I really just want to work with film which is why I am so upset that Andy Hulse is leaving.  They cut his program and he is leaving and good for him.  And I am pissed that Hulse never showed up to class.  All winter break I was excite because I thought I was going to get to meet him and work with him on little projects and he would shed some of experience over my head and I would learn from someone Shannon told me to look out for.  Things never quite work out the way you expect them to.  I really want the second part of 6 x 1 to expand to sequels to all the projects we have already worked on.  The art of making one minute films is really incredible and I wish that more festival films where one minute or less.  You never get bored watching a one minute film because if you feel you are getting bored you just blink and it is over.  I really enjoyed the freedom of the class and can say that the Silva classes are the ones I got the most out of, even intro to editing helped me and I became a much better editor since being outside of that summer class.  I apologize for how rotten I was in that class to Shannon.  I had some family problems that I made sure to keep to myself but the misery I had inside of me I was sure to spread like manure.  Back to 6 x 1, I would like to have one narrative project where a story has to done in voice over.  I think more students should take more chances in their projects.  Everyone seems to make the same film which isn't the teachers fault at all.  We still talk about the days of Intro with Shannon where everyone had a bum in their silence film involving a stolen pie. Anyways, 6 x 1 was a great class and I am happy to have spent it with the new father.  I guess this is my last class with the Silva's.  You guys were the most influential throughout my film school career and I appreciate your willingness to help me and applaud your ability and your patience in dealing with me.  Sometimes it seems I can be difficult just to be difficult.  Thank you guys for teaching me to just keep working and keep producing no matter what because great ideas are only ideas until they are turned into art.  Finally, I thank you and hope to see more work from the Silva's in the future where ever I may be.  I think Toltoy said, "Freethinkers are those who are willing to use their minds without prejudice and without fearing to understand things that clash with their own customs, privileges, or beliefs.  This state of mind is not common, but is essential for right thinking."  Well thank you for showing me that.

No comments:

Post a Comment